Saturday, August 22, 2009

What a Basterd!

"What is a post about this movie doing on a comedy blog?" you might be asking yourself. Well, I had heard Inglorious Basterds was a funny movie in Bill Maher's interview with Brad Pitt but I had no idea that there a parts in this movie that are downright hilarious. Quentin Tarantino is a brilliant writer and I believe it will go down as one of his greatest films. Oh yeah, I almost forgot, SEE IT!

I know Brad Pitt is the biggest name and he's what will draw a lot of people to see the movie. That said, Christolph Waltz steals the show. His portrayal of Colonel Hans Landa is quite possibly, and I'm trying not to exaggerate, one of THE BEST pieces of acting you will ever see. EVER. I read Quentin Tarantino was worried he had "written an unplayable part." I understand why and so will you if you see it. Don't be surprised to see a gold statue in those hands come next Spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment